Wednesday, November 15, 2006

About me

My name is Karen Lema, I am aPhilippine-based journalist working for Reuters. I just started working for the wires last July as I previously worked as a reporter for BusinessWorld, a business paper in Manila, for almost five years.

I have been in the media industry for seven years. I immediately started working as a reporter for the now defunct Philippine Post after I graduated from the University of Sto. Tomas where I took up Communication Arts.

Few months before the newspaper shut down, I left to work for NHK or the Japan Broadcasting Corp. also as a reporter for less than a year.

I originally wanted to go into broadcast but I guess fate has other plans for me. Haha. I guess I pretty much learned to love the print media.

It was only during the course of this masteral program when I first heard the term convergent journalism and thanks to Mr. Quinn, who gave a very interesting talk about this subject last summer, I got a clearer idea of what CJ is all about.

With the ever-changing media landscape, this course could not have come at a better time, so I am really hoping this subject is going to be interesting, challenging and most of all exciting.

Looking forward to another great semester.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home